Native American lore describes the “whole elk theory” as the practice of wasting no animal part – skin, meat, or bone.
At Jonathan Alden we have the same waste-free philosophical approach so that we may minimize our impact on the land. Our grilling planks are made from cherry boards leftover from our everyday practice.
“Planking” was started by Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest who slow cooked their salmon on wooden boards. Our end cuts add a subtle but deliciously fruity flavor to meat, fish, vegetables, cheese – anything!
Available in 3 sizes (approximately 5/16" in thickness)
- Regular size - 5" x 11.5" (8 PACK)
- Large size - 6" x 16" (6 PACK)
- Singles - 5" x 5" (18 PACK)
- Kiln dried, Easy to use, Instructions included
- Cherry wood grilling planks for the grill or oven provide a vaguely sweet and fruity flavor
- One smooth side, One textured side